Livng in the Fitchburg area, looking for some simple day trips spots and suggestion that could help me get back into the grove. I got a GPS, but no clue were I can wet my line without having the environmental winies trying to push my ptsd off the charts.

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:48 am

well thanky you very much for protecting our freedom. thank you for your service

any pond not stocked with trout is a good place if you want to stay away from the EPA. fish unpopular spots.

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:51 am

thanks for your service. welcome home. you can try google earth. just put in your add. and pan out. i,m sure you will see a lot of fishing holes n your area. the names of ponds/lakes will come up when you pan back in . then you can always look them up. good luck. sorry i dont know the area. but that may work for you.
thanks again for your service .............

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:09 pm

try this as well.

http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dfw/maps-destinations/state-pond-maps.html

click on the district you live in and it will have a list of some of the more popular places.

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:14 pm

Yes,thank you for your service!

I would suggest as already mentioned..typing your home address on google, go to maps..and take a look around

There are many ,lakes,ponds etc..I would suggest keeping to the smaller locations as you should have less people traffic

If you are fishing from a canoe/kayak..Ashby,Ma is close, by vehicle..there is afew gems over there

If fishing from shore, I would look for shoreline opening on google maps so you can make afew casts..if you want to get away from civilization..try locating someplaces further away from major Routes

Best of luck to you sir..and thank you again for fighting for all of us and keeping us safe!

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:32 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links