Sup!
New to the area. Coming from the great northwest Seattle, looking forward to try fishing here. I'm shore bound and I like taking my son fishing with me. Took him to the small boat launch at the dark brook reservoir and hooked a undersized LMB on his first cast. I skunked out.

Thinking about trying wachusetts soon. What kind of setup should I bring?

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Lots of weeds at DarkBrook, wait till they go down some, then go back!!! As for Wachusett, I will be going back in late Sept - Oct The Lakers are just starting to show up again in the Deep and the Smallies are still smashing the Shore early in the am.

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:26 am

Yeah, what Muskie said. He might be back in Sept-Oct, but I know I will be heading out there in a couple weeks - possibly labor day weekend. You are more than welcome to join in.

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:29 am

Eddie Pond is a great place for kids, boat ramp with Shinners and Night Crawlers. Even better threw the Ice

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:42 am

At eddy pond are you talking about the boat ramp that is on south st?

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:48 am

Yes Sa.. When the Ice comes, its a great place to fish, nothing giant but you will run all day long We've takin Pickerel 5 1/2 lbs and Largemouth 6+lbs Couple spots from shore if you walk to the right from the boat ramp also

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:53 am

Awesome. I always wanted to try ice fishing.

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:36 am

Welcome to the Neighborhood!!!!!

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:42 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links