going to be in boston area and i want to do some surf fishing i need to know anything and everything! what type of rod and reel line weights what to use for bait any info is appreciated and helpfull!

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:49 am

MASS shoreline is loaded with fantstic spots for striper!!!!!

any beach, jetties,rocks, sand bar, ledge,rips,humps,channles,bridges,rivers and marshes can and will hold stripers!!!!!
id stick with a M-MH rod. 20lbs mono or 30lbs braid

during the day id chunk some macks like you do for cat fish!!
fish finder rig. leader of 30lbs mono and a striper hook!

you can try clams to!! if you can get some live pogies and mackerel your in for a reel treat. they are striper candy!!!!!!

you can try topwaters for schoolies in the estuaries marshes and rivers. thats where there's going to be alot of bait.

dusk and dawn are great times to go. since its almost fall and the water temps are cooling down. you can get into some epic blitzes!!!!!!

they will hit anything you toss at em in a blitz!!!! id try topwaters for a blitz. watching a big striper chase your topwater is prettty friggin awesome!!!!
if you want to catch bigger bass in a blitz try crippled herrings and jigs under these blitzes.

at night walk along some docks in a harbor. youll see alot of fish!!!!! ive watched some big stripers swim at my feet!!!

be quite and stealth, these fish are spooky. in my harbor they are finicky. pain in my ass whatchin these fish follow my baits or swim past it!!!!!

hopefully this helps. feel free to ask any other questions!!!

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:52 am

You might want to visit stripersonline.com, it's a huge community dedicated to striped bass along the eastern seaboard with a concentration in the NY and New England states. Tons of useful info there.

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:07 am

big time!!! but they wine alot with spot burnnng!!!!!

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:24 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links