Hey guys! We just moved to this state and my company got
Us a place in Lexington,did a few search and beaver brook in dracut came up for trout and other species as well as Nisitissit river. It's great coz I work in the Lawrence area. Just wondering if anyone of you can give me info as to where to park and fish along beaver brook. Would also be nice to take the kids there. Any intel would be greatly appreciated . Thank you!

Jw

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:57 am

Welcome to the Website traveler357. There are a lot of places in your area that have some good fishing. However, do not take your kids fishing in the Lawrence area. It is just not a safe place for kids...or adults fishing alone.

Are looking to go fishing in the next several weeks...or can you wait until the new year to get a MA fishing license? I would recommend waiting for the new year to purchase a license and then if you have ice fishing gear you can head out for some ice fishing. If ice fishing is not your thing then you can wait for the open water and we can point you in the right direction.

FYI in MA your license allows you to fish 365 day of the year. Some restrictions do apply to certain species of fish and some rivers and reservoirs have seasonal restrictions.

Also some waters are off limits because they are private or because the local government is protecting them.

Here is the website to get your license:MassFishHunt

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Thanks for the info . I'll be ice fishing too and heard there's some nice pike around here or in New England in General. I have the gear since we lived in Wisconsin for awhile. I'll be taking the kids ice fishing too but you're probably right, stay away from that area, heard of a lot of reports about it. I'll try to find places to catch bait as well like dace( not sure what you call them here)and suckers. Thanks again

Posted Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:22 am

Ice should be here around middle of Dec!!!

And yes, plenty of great places to fish for Pike in the winter, and coming from Wisconsin, you shouldn't be dissapointed.

Posted Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Heard of a lot of great reports about pike fishing here and met a few good people that target them through the ice.cant wait to get on the ice. Will start gathering bait. Any place you guys recommend to catch dace or I think you guys call them fall fish .lol thanks

Posted Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:20 pm

We call them dace around here...I used to catch a ton of them in a creek behind my house growing up, but that was back in New York, so it doesn't do you much good....I've read that there are gold shiners in the Upper Mystics, but I'm not really sure how to catch them. Maybe try the Aberjona that feeds into the lake. I haven't really explored all the small streams/creeks around here, but there seem to be a good amount of them. Better start stocking that freezer!

Posted Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:00 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links