looking to get some advice on centerpin rods and reels if anyone knows about them pm porfavor

Posted Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:20 pm

I know a guy who are pretty knowledge about centerpinning.

So, what is your question? and what are you planning to target? target size of fish are depend on size of centerpin strength.. So, it is pretty important.

Posted Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:13 am

So I just had to research center pin fishing since I'd never heard of it prior to reading this thread. Those familiar with nymphing techniques in fly fishing would be naturals for this, though I don't know why someone would choose center pinning over fly fishing.

Posted Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:50 am

bloomagoo - I will take centerpinning over flyfishing.. (for river fishing only) hand down. but for lake fishing, fly-fishing is better.

Posted Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:43 pm

U get a better drift with the center pin.

Posted Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:47 pm

yea im very interested in it. I think I might go for the steelhead spawn in the early spring but they aren't cheap

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:50 am

I think they are best used when the water is high and you can't get to the spot you wanna fish. I think the fly rod is better if we can get to our spot on the wall because you don't really hafta reel it in. I think you might be able to get in more drifts with the fly rod there cuz your so close to the spot. But the center pin would probably be batter at Tom's spot.

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:28 pm

There are a bunch of vids on YouTube about them.

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:29 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links