new to trout fishing me and my cousin usually do large mouth bass and are new to the trout game. we were thing of going to were they stock trout at but we have no idea on what kind of bait to use how to set up or line or hooks. can anybody help us out and does anybody want to go out with us this weekend?

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Welcome jsinher,
I would recommend googling trout stocked ponds in Boston area. The state has a site that will explain when and where they have stocked.

What to use, if you use bait, Berkley powerbait is what I see most bait fisherman use. You can also use shiners on the smaller size normally for stocked trout.

I use lures only, if this is what you want to try I would suggest light line 6lb or less. For lures I like Kastmasters and many other spoons no larger than 1/4 oz and small inline spinners in the same size.

Places to try Jamacia Pond in Jamacia Plain they stock it heavy twice a year, it has been stocked within the last month. Brookline Resevoir is a small pond 1 mile around that has some trout but I think that it's only stocked once a year. Walden Pond is a good option in Lincoln Ma., You need to pay to park there and it fills up fast on nice days. ($5 a day)

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:48 pm

I second on Jamaica Pond also. I use to fish it heavy during my college days and always bring trout home. Just don't stick around too long after dark. Some questionable characters roam that place at night.

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:28 pm

Garlic flavored power bait & size 8 trout beads egg hooks. Put a split shot on the line about 18 inches up from the hook. Then lob bait out to place where you think the trout might lie.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Dudes just go to Jamaica pond there is an underwater hot spring that keeps a part of the pond unfrozen and attracts allot of trout who try to stay warm near the warm water part of the pond. They bite on uncle josh trout nuggets on a treble hook with about a two foot 4lb leader and a half ounce egg weight above it. Cast about 20 to 30 yards out and set the drag real loose. Make sure you're line is tight while you wait so that you can detect any bites. Once the fish has fully taken the bait you know what to do.... The nuggets should be rainbow colored and are found at Walmart for about two dollars .
Good luck!

Posted Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 am

Dudes just go to Jamaica pond there is an underwater hot spring that keeps a part of the pond unfrozen and attracts allot of trout who try to stay warm near the warm water part of the pond. They bite on uncle josh trout nuggets on a treble hook with about a two foot 4lb leader and a half ounce egg weight above it. Cast about 20 to 30 yards out and set the drag real loose. Make sure you're line is tight while you wait so that you can detect any bites. Once the fish has fully taken the bait you know what to do.... The nuggets should be rainbow colored and are found at Walmart for about two dollars .
Good luck!

Posted Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:43 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links