Anyone have any luck (Now or in the past) with fishing the Neck? Going to try it myself Friday night and I'll post what happens, the tide is not great but will try the incoming tide from the surf near the beach/ rocks.

Posted Wed May 20, 2009 9:35 am

OK, tried for a couple of hours using chunks but nothing. Tide was incoming but still on the low side. Weather was cold and windy and called it a night after daughter stated it was getitng cold.

Will have to try again.

Posted Tue May 26, 2009 9:52 am

Never fished the neck but have fished off Castle rock 1 real good day the other times hit or miss

Posted Fri May 29, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. I fished the beach at the Neck again on this past Sunday morning. High tide was at 5:30 so I was there at 5AM and fished till 9AM with not even a hit. I was using chunks and also worms but nothing.

Not sure if I'm just fishiing to early in the season for this spot or what. Checked out Castle Rock and it's not someplace I would take my daughter to fish for safety reasons. Might try the peable beach to the right of Castle rock, looks promising.

Might try Nahant or Revere this week and see what happens. Any other spots in this area you would sug.?? Don;t want to drive to Plum Island or down the cape for surf fishing every time.

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:49 pm

Fish the Winthrop area. if you follow the road past the launch in Winthrop that will bring you out to point Shirley. Deer Island.
they have a path that goes around it (paved I think). Fish the tip by the Light, there is a deep ledge!
There are also roads that end at the water some of them you can fish some you cant!
Try to find Court rd in Winthrop, off Pleasant st. Lok for this one on the lower out going tide. Good for the kids the planes from Logan will be fun to watch coming and going!
Good luck, let me know how you do.

Posted Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:35 pm

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot.

Posted Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:26 am

I've fished devereaux beach at night before and had decent luck with blues and some stripers last summer. Park in the lot right before the causeway out to the Neck and walk over to the beach part that has lots of little rocks and pebbles.

Posted Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:53 pm

Was at Gloucester today used seaworms.No bites at all not even crabs.

Posted Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links