RRRROOOOAAAARRRRRRR Get ready for the biggest Derby in the State. $5000 in Fish and $5000 in drawings, every 5 mins!!

Great luck to all that are playing, and looking forward to seeing whomever at the Ramp for the weigh in's at the Boag!!!

Muskie

Posted Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:48 am

sounds fun Go Fish

Posted Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:19 am

Found this thread about this ice fishing derby interesting on another forum. I have never been to this derby so perhaps this thread has inaccurate information and I know everyone is entitled to their 5 a day but if it is true then the waste sounds excessive.

http://www.nesportsman.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4601

Posted Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:47 am

They donate all the Fish to the Local Food Bank every year in this Derby. Though it is a giant slaughter of fish, they all get eaten.

Plus you can fish just about any pond you want. At least it isn't just 1 pond loosing all their trophy fish.

Posted Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:38 pm

I've heard rumors in the past about fish being nailed to a leader board.
It is what it is I guess.

I just hope for the sake of the people who frequent or run the food pantry, that the dead fish being donated are not from any of these water bodies.

http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/dph/environmental/exposure/fish-consumption-advisory-list.pdf

Posted Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:51 pm

they hang them on a giant board off a School Bus. Headquarters is located inside hahahaha They run it out of Quaboag at the Ramp.

you don't have to fish the Boag, but usually the Pike category comes from there.

Posted Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:35 pm

I've fished this tournament for 20+ years and I'm not positive but pretty sure they give you the option to release it after its weighed. I don't fish Quaboag for the tournament as the crowd out there is way too much. I'll go down the road and have the same kind of fishing and not have to deal with ***holes taking out my tilts while going 100 on a snowmobile. I am a catch and release fisherman and always have been, along with my dad who started bringing me to this tournament when I was a kid and while I haven't been to the weigh in in a few years any fish that we have ever gotten weighed we released.

Posted Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:10 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links