Any one have any suggestions for pike in metrowest area?

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:03 pm

Sudbury river. They are in the Charles but in minimal numbers

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Yup Rich has the right idea. Fairhaven Bay has produced plenty for me without targeting them.

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:21 pm

You think the ice is thick enough in fairhaven bay? it being a river and everything. (same thing with the other suggestions)

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:32 pm

I have heard so much about Fairhaven Bay. I HAVE to fish it this year for sure!

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:25 pm

fishermanmike

You think the ice is thick enough in fairhaven bay? it being a river and everything. (same thing with the other suggestions)

I wouldn't risk but I've heard of pele out there before. Pretty far trek through the woods I don know if there is a trail.

Roger, never had a ton of luck with bass, at least no size.

Posted Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:40 pm

biggz53

fishermanmike

I wouldn't risk but I've heard of pele out there before. Pretty far trek through the woods I don know if there is a trail.

Roger, never had a ton of luck with bass, at least no size.

Ya I was thinkin the same thing

Posted Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:27 pm

I have walked the river before to fish the haven clear ice and seeing the weeds underneath sideways from the current makes it feel like your just wa8t8ng to break through

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:01 am

Yes there is a trail that will take you down to the river's edge at the upstream end of the bay; I've often seen dog walkers there. I think it is accessed from the parking lot just up the road (eastbound).

Posted Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:24 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links