where the hell are all the trout? where can i go for decent trout fishing in central/metro west MA?

Posted Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:34 pm

Check masswildlife.com, they post all the trout stocked waters in the state plus when they release them

Posted Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:18 pm

While most of my experience is in more shallow bodies of water fishing for Bass, I have begun to explore some different fishing environments targeting different species. I have been visiting Sheep Pond in Brewster on the cape, They stock this lake with several varieties of trout and salmon, twice a year. The lake at its deepest is about 60 foot, much deeper than what i am accustomed to. Does anyone have any recco's for the best way to pull some of these trout out of here? I have not had much luck to date, but will persist- the trout, they will be mine.

Thanks,

Jay

Posted Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:52 pm

swift river down by the winsor dam. crystal clear water we could see the trout we just could'nt get them to bite.

Posted Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:32 pm

bobsdream

swift river down by the winsor dam. crystal clear water we could see the trout we just could'nt get them to bite.

hey,i fish the swift river in belchertown,ma.the winsor dam you mention i assume is the one at quabbin res.i fish on the other side of rte.9.it's called hatchery hole.i have learned that the smaller the fly the better.i use a 3wt.7'6" fenwick, 8x tippet and a 28 or 26 fly.i never get skunked.contact me if you would like any more info.

Posted Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:03 pm

How do you even *tie* 8x tippet? I'm all thumbs with 5x...

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:18 am

fished the swift river years ago caught 5 brook and 1 15in rainbow. it was a great day

Posted Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links