85%  [ 12 ]
No, never tried it.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Tried once and hated it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Does using my new Xmas present for the first time on the North River earn me membership into the brotherhood or do I need to actually catch a fish? I'm good with it either way!

Posted Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:05 pm

That's good enough in my book. What did you get for an outfit?

Posted Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:59 pm

Now, your hazing moment is that you have to catch a fish! , do we have non-hazing policy?

umm then... Welcome to the fly-fishing frat! Laughing

Posted Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:08 pm

It's an Orvis Streamline 5wt and a White River net.

I tried an olive wooly bugger that I also got from Orvis and it looked great in the water. The river flow was pretty strong with all of the ice melt going on. There were bergs that you could have ridden floating by.

Posted Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:17 am

Sounds great. You really can't go wrong with a wooly bugger.

Posted Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:36 pm

If you wet a fly that is good enuff for me welcome aboard.
Next you will begin to learn to tie your own woolly buggers
and you become addicted

Posted Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:41 am

chrokee

Does using my new Xmas present for the first time on the North River earn me membership into the brotherhood or do I need to actually catch a fish? I'm good with it either way!

Judging by the current set up in the background of that picture, it's just a matter of time ( and the presence of bait) before you get something to pull back in that spot.
Enjoy your new toy. Hope it urns out to be a special gift.

Posted Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:22 pm

I agree, that's a pretty fishy looking spot.

Posted Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:32 pm

I've always wanted to try fly fishing. It looks like it would be a lot of fun! One of these days!

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:15 am

Well I have a very decent 6wt rod I could let you have for $50. Just add a reel and a bass taper line and you could be in business for under $100.

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:41 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links