Quaboag was close to 2 feet of ice last weekend...lots of cars and trucks romping about on the ice...hoping to get out there on Saturday morning...anyone been out there or by there this week? Think it will be good this weekend? Edges solid enough to walk out there with the warm weather we've had this week so far? I'm a newb with ice fishing so don't know what it takes to melt that much ice.

Posted Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:46 pm

It's probably fine. There might be a lot of slush or water on top but you're not going to fall through. That much ice takes a lot longer than two warm days to break up

Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:28 am

The Boag will have ice till may hahahahahahaha

I was there Sunday, PLENTY

Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:42 am

Awesome! I haven't spent enough time on ice to know the trends. Thanks for the reply guys.

Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Bring a plank just in case the shoreline opens up on you.

Posted Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Last Saturday was good. We brought the car out there and everything after seeing several other cars and trucks out there. With the warm weather this week (and especially today) in combination with some articles I've been reading to educate myself on pond and lake ice, I'm slightly sketched out about this Saturday. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I don't want my ignorance or inexperience to get me in trouble. That s*** scares me. Anyhow I guess I will just have to see when I get there.

Here's a great article with tons of info on thawed ice and it's different properties amd states: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/thawed-ice/

Posted Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:18 pm

big fines if your car goes through the ice...EPA doesn't like that too much. Plus you ruin your car. Shorelines opened up quick this past week around the metrowest area.

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:22 am

Yeah, your car or truck falling through the ice kinda sucks big time!

Posted Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links