Well Fall is here and would like to know what do you like to use for bait? I went out fishing this week and use about every thing I had in my box an no luck!! I did get some nibbles on a rubber frog on top of the weeds but that was it.

Posted Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:02 pm

WISH I HAD A TIP FOR YOU. NOTHING HAS BEEN WORKING WELL FOR ME LATELY.

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:18 am

light colored maybe white with some red spinnerbaits.
slow constant retrieve has always worked for me in the fall.
and down size to 1/4 oz.

seems easier for them to go after.

the pigs i find are starting thier descend to deeper depths, so a jig and pig off the bottom nearr some structure has produced as well.

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:33 am

Thanks guys ! I just bought some money minnow {3.5 pearl color} will give them a try this week!
If any one buys one you will need a 1/4 oz weight on the hook? It will not work with any thing lighter or without , I tried without a weight and even tried with a 1/16oz and all it would do is swag the whole body from side to side and spin like crazy.

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:09 am

It is a great time to throw the jig.
Try swimming the jig you can catch some big bass that way. Smile

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:56 am

I've had better luck in september than I have the rest of the whole year it seems; more and bigger fish. It could be that I've been trying a bunch of new spots, or that I'm fishing a few more days a week, but something is working. I've been having luck with spinners (chartreuse/white with double colorado blades, or willow leaf and colorado blades),small crank baits (Rebel Craws and rapala minnows) and greenish senkos, especially the swim senkos with the paddle tail. good luck!

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:38 pm

It has been frustrating... Two things have worked for me and actually they seem to work any time of year. Sexy Shad Spinner, or a watermelon senko. I say it to everyone but it works, good luck...

Posted Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:54 am

I find it ironic that everyone who has posted a suggestion has offered up something I've had luck with all year long. I guess it depends of where you are and what the fish will attack.
For me, I had extreme success from spring to fall with a 7" pumkin seed lizard. Look for structure, stumps, and things like that. I can honestly say that everytime I go out, I fish an area that is no deeper than 2 feet, and the bass are there every time. Averageing from 3 to 5 lbs....Its been a great year...But I cant wait till the F*'kin spring...

Posted Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:19 pm

I have only been able to get out a hand full of times.
But, what been working for me is spinner baits.

Haven't been out since 2 weeks ago. I'm thinkin cold weather to try jig & pig?

Posted Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:36 pm

We hit the Charles about a week ago, I had luck with a darker crank bait with rattel fishing it about 2-5 ft. and Some dark spinners. When they are lazy I try to stick to a color that fits the area and something loud or alot of movement to draw them in.

Posted Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:54 pm

The only producing lures in the month of November for me, were a 1/8 oz jig tipped with a black and blue chigger craw and a suspending 4" golden shiner pattern jerk bait with orange bottom.

The water is starting to get hard on the small ponds in my neck of the woods, so it looks like it's time to hang up the gear and winterize the boat. Crying or Very sad

Can't wait until March to hit the water again. Smile

Posted Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links