I have never fly fished, but I'm interested in finding out about it. Is there anywhere on the southcoast to fly fish? Any recommendations on where to look for information? Thanks

Posted Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Bears den fly shop in tauton.
Anglers workshop in Kingston.
Ask them.

What ya tryin to catch

Posted Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:51 pm

i have no specific species in mind. I guess whatever wants to fight? I would guess trout, since that's the common, but I'd be just as happy catching a bluegill. Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out.

Posted Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:48 pm

I'd go saltwater and bass/panfish

Trout Are a Spring fall and winter game around here.
They don't hold over very well Round here. And not many trout streams have holdovers

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:43 am

Look up the Rhody Fly Rodders. They have just another indoor meeting or two ( in Barrington RI) before going to weekly fishing meetings along the SE RI coast and estuaries. . They are always all too happy to help out a newbe..

Last edited by weehooker on Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:27 pm

If your just looking to try it out buy yourself a cheap $50-$100 5/6 weight setup at Walmart or BPS to practice casting... Throw a wooly bugger at a local pond... something will hit it... be careful though I thought tuna fishing was addicting and $$$$ lol... even contemplated trading in the dog for a peacock just to make flies Wink... Bear's Den is excellent!

Posted Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links