Hey guys,
New to the site and decided to join. Im new to the western mass
area(springfield/wilbraham line) and semi new to fishing in general. Are there any good spots around western mass to check out. I dont mind traveling and just want to get a few lines in the water. Good luck and thanks for any suggestions.

Posted Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:20 pm

Depends if you have boat/kayak access or not. If you do I know a few right on the Boston road or wilbraham road area for small boats which are pretty good. I was also only shore fishing for a bit so know a few around. Message me and we could go out together and I could show you them.

Posted Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:42 am

You fishing Bass or Trout ? Check this link to local ponds in Western Mass..
http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dfw/maps-destinations/pond-maps-connecticut-valley-district.html

Posted Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:46 pm

If you have a boat or a kayak I'd definitely check out the Oxbox Marina in Northampton. Its always treated me well and also holds pike.

Posted Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:58 pm

Going to Chicopee this weekend and bringing a canoe possibly, can anyone tell me where a good place to launch would be? Is Oxbow deep? Crowed on weekends? Thanks!

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 3:51 pm

kpopec09

Hey guys,
New to the site and decided to join. Im new to the western mass
area(springfield/wilbraham line) and semi new to fishing in general. Are there any good spots around western mass to check out. I dont mind traveling and just want to get a few lines in the water. Good luck and thanks for any suggestions.

Welcome, Try long pond (brimfield resivior) ,Sturbridge & i cant remember other 2 ponds near but Google map this and you should see 2 more near by. i think Sherman pond ,Brimfield.

Posted Wed May 07, 2014 6:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links