Found an Ocean Kayak trident 13 on CL with a rudder, anchor, fish finder and battery for 1000$. I'm going to check it out this weekend. For you kayakers out there do you think this is a fair price?[/list]

Posted Wed May 14, 2014 10:27 am

Sounds like a decent deal to me.

Some factors to consider would be:
- Do you like paddling it (can you try it?) You should really test paddle any yak before you drop that kind of money.
- Condition of yak and accessories
- Type of FishFinder (DSI/Sonar/Both)
- Your intended use (salt vs fresh water)

You could probably spend less then that to get a setup but it would take some time depending where you by from. If you're looking to get fishing asap then maybe it's a good fit.

Good luck

Posted Wed May 14, 2014 11:52 am

I'm personally inexperienced when it comes to Khayaking but I was in Job Lot the other day and saw a brand new 13'4" fishing Khayak for sale- $400. It seemed very reasonable and like it was a solid rig.

Posted Wed May 14, 2014 12:04 pm

jjbagoose

Sounds like a decent deal to me.

Some factors to consider would be:
- Do you like paddling it (can you try it?) You should really test paddle any yak before you drop that kind of money.
- Condition of yak and accessories
- Type of FishFinder (DSI/Sonar/Both)
- Your intended use (salt vs fresh water)

You could probably spend less then that to get a setup but it would take some time depending where you by from. If you're looking to get fishing asap then maybe it's a good fit.

Good luck

It comes with a lowrance elite 4x dsi and I intend to use it for both salt and fresh water.

I'm trying to get a hold if the guy to see if I can try it out and if it comes with a paddle

Posted Wed May 14, 2014 1:06 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links