Out fishing the other day near misery and bakers. GPS had a tag on it saying ground fishing prohibited area. I think that was on the east side of bakers island. Also saw one right outside Salem harbor saying flounder restriction breeding area or something like that. Is this commercial only? Does anyone have any of these regs in writing I can review?

Posted Thu May 22, 2014 1:10 pm

chrisw15000

Out fishing the other day near misery and bakers. GPS had a tag on it saying ground fishing prohibited area. I think that was on the east side of bakers island. Also saw one right outside Salem harbor saying flounder restriction breeding area or something like that. Is this commercial only? Does anyone have any of these regs in writing I can review?

I live down the street from Salem Willows and I have seen a few people catching Flounders on the pier and even in Danvers last weekend. I think and hope that is commercial. One of the most caught fish in that area are Flounder.

Posted Thu May 22, 2014 4:24 pm

you might be better off talking with someone from the div of marine wildlife dept

Posted Thu May 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Just emailed them..Ill post their response.

Posted Thu May 22, 2014 10:38 pm

got this from MA division of Marine Fisheries:

"Hi Christopher,
Your GPS might be picking up the Spring and Winter Cod Conservation Zones (CCZ). I have attached a link that details out that particular closure. That is the only area restriction we have in that area. Let me know if you have further questions.
Cheers,
Shannon

http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dmf/marine-fisheries-notices/archive-marine-fisheries-notices/renewal-of-spring-and-winter-cod-conservation-zones.html
"

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 11:32 am

Thank you chrisw1500. After reading this, I was curious to hear the outcome. Good work!

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 9:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links