ALRIGHT guys, I'm heading up to Lake Bomoseen in Vermont for a week of fishing, grilling, and beer drinking.

I'm really really really trying to land my first pike and, from what I've heard and been told, Bomoseen has some serious gators. Also Glen Lake, which is 5 minutes away, hold the VT state record pike so I plan on trying there as well.

I have the right rod and reel setup, I have a boat, I have a depth map, and I have the patience. I just need some hot tips in regards to locations to try, bait/lures, or any kind of advice that might help me pull a pike into the boat.

Posted Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Fish shallow weedlines with spinners. I've caught them in canoes and watched them crush lures within 3' of the boat. If they see something that catches their eye, they don't care if you're around. I don't think you'll find them in much more than 10'-12' of water throughout the year, so stick shallow and near weeds - more grassy weeds, not lily pads. They can kinda back into the grass/milfoil/etc. and wait until something swims by and shoot out to eat it. I've done well with most types of spinner baits (don't rule out big Mepps or other inlines, if you can get one in there), daredevils, buzzbaits and even worms on shakey heads while bass fishing. Think big pickerel. They'll be in similar areas. Beaver dams are also good areas if you can find them.

Good luck, I've read a lot of good things about that lake, although I haven't been there myself (yet).

Posted Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:30 pm

gary.... ur alive!!! hank god I was worried haha... I havent seen u in months! hit me up man

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links