i was looking over the weekend at Bananas army storein Wareham ma

i have never owned a kayak , but have seen the videos and saw it in preson looks awesome , and you can stand up to boot .

was wondering anyone own one or tried one ?

any thoughts

Thanks

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:31 am

I don't own one... It was on the shortlist when I bought a kayak this year. I went with a $400 Angler 160t from Job Lot so I could spend more dough on other stuff and see if Kayak fishing was right for me.

Point of the ramble: I'll probably get the Predator when I'm ready for another and keep mine for backup or the kids when they get a little older.

***If you're on a budget, I'm not dissing my kayak at all. Love the thing. I use it at least 4/5 times a week.

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:44 pm

yeah ...for 1250 $ vs 400 $ thats a few rod and reels an tackle lol

i hear ya , were im located there is some areas the kayak would be nice for i think.

im new kayaks for one and i always thought catching some good bass from one would be fun .

Hell theres a local guy that fishes the taunton river with one down in somerset Ma that catches stripers from it

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:49 pm

it all depends how much cash you got... IMO its better if you invest in something GREAT than buying something cheap now and get a better one next year. you'd be saving a lot more money in the long run.

last year i got the ascend D10t for 400 bucks, used it a lot but this year i decided to get something better that would allow me to rig to my liking (fish finder, rod holders and stuff).

if you have 1100 bucks, id say, go for the ride 115 ANGLER package from ACK. free delivery. if you have 2100, go for the Native Watercraft Mariner 10.

its all about ur budget. bottom line is, the better kayak you get from the start, the better off you are. unless you get a really cheap yak on craigs just to see if yak fishing is really for you

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:07 pm

oh, hell yeah. I got mine for stripers (Boston is brutal from shore)... I am enjoying the freshwater fishing more than I thought, but I've gone out of Quincy and practically left the Boston Harbor on it. Once you buy one and get out a few times, you'll get confident and start thinking about the ocean if you're a striper guy.

I really like that I can go out after work freshwater fishing ponds that just really stunk from shore and catch great bass and pickerel.

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:07 pm

if anyone has not seen the video of the old town predator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEHrCNc8WCY

another stability test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i9NNxpcrmw

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:22 pm

im looking at a lure 11.5 this weekend

Posted Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:23 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links