Actually a modified crawdad on a small trailer so need to be able to back up to waters edge, ramp not necessary though. Any suggestions. Getting together with an old fishing buddy this weekend and looking for a mutually close spot to meet. I live on the north shore and he lives in Taunton area. So anywhere along route 24 would be ok. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Both Large and or Small mouth would be the preferred species.

Posted Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Here's a great suggestion: look at a map.

Hah... I'd go to DW field and ponds in Brockton. There's a good ramp there or at least a zillion places to back a boat in.

It's right between you guys...

While the park is filled with junkies and Brockton is a nightmare, that park, field, and adjacent golf course are the pride of the 'old-timey Brockton folks'. They keep it free of rif-raf.

Lots of folks fishing from shore... you can crush it on a boat.

Hit it from shore a couple times last year and was thoroughly impressed.

Posted Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:45 am

Thanks. I had poured over the map and viewed a ton of trips already. I even read a bunch from DW field park. But some of them were saying there were no fishing signs and people get kicked out of there all the time. I know there are a few ponds over there so not really sure which one they were talking about.

Posted Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:54 am

Lake nippenicket in Bridgewater, Lake sabbatia in taunton, Norton Res in Norton, lake masenock in Hopkington, beaver pond in Franklin, hopedale pond in Hopedale. Lake Tispaquin in Middleboro.

Posted Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:14 am

Thank you stratos

Posted Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:21 am

Oh man, forgot about the Norton Res and Beaver Pond in Franklin.... Both near the highway and both good...

Anything you've read about DW being off limits is pure BS and I'd ignore it. I mentioned it because I believe it's as close to geographically centered as you'll get.

Good luck

Posted Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:13 am

stratos1966

Lake nippenicket in Bridgewater, Lake sabbatia in taunton, Norton Res in Norton, lake masenock in Hopkington, beaver pond in Franklin, hopedale pond in Hopedale. Lake Tispaquin in Middleboro.

Those are all very good Topper places. Any one of them should get you some good fish! Good luck and keep the board posted!

Posted Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:57 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links