Hey guys. I have no clue what happened. I just got a new rod setup. I have a St. Croix Triump medium-heavy and an Abu Garcia Orra SX30 spinning reel 9 bearings with 20lbs braid test line. I've taken this baby out 4 times! and has gotten me over 10 so far sure. Just today I would realize after kayaking some my line and lure dropped much more than what I left it at when I began paddling. Then I caught my 3rd bass and i went to grab him for a pic and he just dropped back in the water. This kept happening. It happens even with no fish and just a lure on it. The spool is closed and ready to reel in and the line just drops out like when you flip the metal ring over to cast. Does anyone know what's wrong? I planned on fishing all weekend. I can only think a bearing broke but it has like 12lbs of pull force or however it was described that surely even large game wouldnt be able to do unless you really catch the fish of your life. I haven't caught anything even over 3lbs so... anyone know what's wrong!? was an expensive reel!

Posted Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:12 pm

look on the back side of the reel for the anti reverse switch. You need to flip it back so it only spins one way.

Posted Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:24 pm

I HATE ANTI REVERSE I HATE I HATE I HATE IT!

DID I EVER MENTION I HATE IT

Posted Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:35 pm

I DONT LIKE THAT SWITCH! I DRIVES ME CRAZY WHEN IT BREAKS!

WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE SUCH AN ABSURD THING????

Posted Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:36 pm

bassturds

Some guys prefer to back reel instead of relying on the drag system while fighting a big fish.

Posted Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:09 pm

all fixed thanks! has a switch! hope it never breaks lol!

Posted Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:54 am

bassturds

if you are sitting in a canoe or kayak with one hand holding the rod and the other hand grabbing a fish you will be glad you have the anti reverse. if you break it I wouldn't buy that reel again.

Posted Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:18 am

oldfisher

bassturds

if you are sitting in a canoe or kayak with one hand holding the rod and the other hand grabbing a fish you will be glad you have the anti reverse. if you break it I wouldn't buy that reel again.

I'd agree with that! use it all the time.

Posted Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links