Ok guys so me and my buddy Dave are thinking about heading out to the CT river for some trout pike and walleye on Friday April 3. Were going to launch our small john boat around the Northfield area north of turner falls. My question is to anyone who may be around that area or has tried recently. Is there open water? If so is there any flooding? Just trying to save a hour and a half drive for nothing. Any help would be great. Thanks guys

Posted Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:28 pm

CT River is open below the dam in Holyoke (just N of where 90 crosses). Don't know about any of the oxbows or coves N of Holyoke, however, I may do a scouting run tonight as far up as Amherst/Northampton, so I'll let you know what I see.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:39 am

Ended up going as far as where Rt.9 crosses the river, coves and oxbows are locked up still, but main river is open. UMass's crew teams were out there when we drove by. Hope this helps with your decision.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:09 pm

Thank for looking for me.. ended upa staying local because my buddy couldnt make it. No luck on the merrimack today. Im determined to get out there though.

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:25 pm

blkgsxr04

Thank for looking for me.. ended upa staying local because my buddy couldnt make it. No luck on the merrimack today. Im determined to get out there though.

Was the current ripping at the Merrimack?

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:19 pm

Fished at goffs falls in bedford nh.. theres a lot of current there normally but i didnt think it was to bad. The river was a little higher than normal.

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:11 pm

Fished at goffs falls in bedford nh.. theres a lot of current there normally but i didnt think it was to bad. The river was a little higher than normal.

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:11 pm

No problem!

Posted Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:20 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links