Who is more interested in lipless crankbait fishing or buying a kvd tour edition rod after the classic?

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 am

im not any more interested now than before. ive always loved to watch him fish, so i cant really like it any more, then i did. plus i just bought 2 shimano rods and another quantum caylist PT. his stuff is sweet though. if im not mistaken, he was using a new color that is not avalible yet, so i deffinetly want to cheak up on that.

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Definitely looking into the lipless crankbaits a little more. They gave some good tips on fishing it during the Classic. Not just a steady retrieve like I have done ever time I use one.

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:40 pm

I've been fishing rattletraps for years and years... but the Classic did encourage me to try em in cold water, which I never have before. I've always used em in warmer temps, with great success. One of the best search baits there is - tie em on, and wear the paint off! Very Happy

They're killer for good size white bass too(which I don't think they have here in MA. They're the official state fish back home in Oklahoma, looks like a miniature wide-bodied striper).

I've been a KVD fan for years too. I remember when he was the new kid on the block, and everyone was like "who's this young Northerner tearing up all the old pros?" Back then, most bass pros were from the South. Laughing I don't really have the $$$ to buy sig stuff anymore. Most of the time, there's no difference anyways, just paying extra for the name.

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links