[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP7qp2-q0CM[/youtube]

I wanna try these this year...

Posted Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:21 am

carful, those can get expensive! try the Z-man minnow, they are much cheaper, yet ten times more durible and way more life like. trust me. Smile

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:24 am

thanks, Mike - I had not heard of that brand before...

This whole swimbait craze came about when I was away from the fishing scene(except for those great big ones they started using out in California years ago), so I'm playing 'catch-up'.

you know what was the first thing I thought of when I saw baits like this YUM Money Minnow?

the old Sassy Shad from Mister Twister.

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:54 am

you know what was the first thing I thought of when I saw baits like this YUM Money Minnow?

the old Sassy Shad from Mister Twister.[/quote]

Same here! That's what i used. I used to add a spinner to them and thought they were great.

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:09 am

jwall046

Same here! That's what i used. I used to add a spinner to them and thought they were great.

while the available colors are more limited, you can get a 5-pack of 6" Sassy Shads for only $3.79 from Bass Pro Shops... versus $8.99 for the YUM bait. They don't have the slot in the belly though, which I think is a good improvement.

Cabela's has a 200+ piece Sassy Shad box kit for about $40, with some great color combinations, but they only go from 2 1/2" to 3 1/2", so it wouldn't necessarily be the 'big fish' bait of the larger sizes - but you would get more hits on a smaller size...

I swear, I could spend a thousand dollars on this stuff... if I had a thousand dollars. (goes back to eating 10ยข ramen noodles)

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:26 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links