i love the Z-Man hardlegs frog, and the stanley ribbit frog(Both toads). And for frogs i love the SPRO Dean Rojas Bronze Eye Frog.
What about you?

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:21 am

Scum Frog in 1/4 oz size. Black, Green or white/chartreuse. I like the smaller finesse presentation, floats on top water and at 2.99, can't be beat price wise. Nice and sharp hooks also.

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:09 am

Zoom horny toad is what I've been throwin. Spro frog and Bobby barracks frog are the other.
I might throw the yum money hound this season too.

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 am

all I've ever used is the old classic Snag-Proof Frog pictured here...

I wanna try these new(to me) soft plastic frogs, like the Stanley Ribbit, etc. I used the old Rat way back in the early 90's... anybody remember them?

(sorry for the large pic size, I don't know how to size it down :0/ )

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:41 pm

yeah, i got 3 packs of money hounds. im not sure how they will work. they are pretty thick and i am having a little trouble finding big enough hooks. i have some 8/0 hooks and they are even on the small side for the 4 inchers. ill tell you how they work.

Posted Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:24 pm

have you tried those extra-wide gap hooks? They might work in a similar size - an 8/0 should more than do it...

dammit - huge pics again. Mad sorry.

Posted Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:18 am

[quote="tony93"]have you tried those extra-wide gap hooks? They might work in a similar size - an 8/0 should more than do it...

Yeah, i use the ewg hooks. these baits are like an inch and a half thick i need like a 2 inch gap to get good bite. i use the 8/0 mustad tube hook, and hopefully that will do it. it is just a huge bait! im sure yum will come out with a hook for it like they did for the money minnow.

Posted Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:10 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links