Just got a used Crawdad. Have a bow mount Minn Kotta foot peddle. The standard mounts way to heavy and for it. Does anyone know or have a transom mount Brackett That would fit it so I can mount it in front of boat ?

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:31 am

What minn kota model do you have? I screwed 2 pieces of 3/4 inch plywood together and ran them at a 60* angle from the center of the front to about 2 feet down the side. fasten it to the metal rim/lip on the crawdad with nuts and bolts. Bolt the bracket to the plywood..... good to go.

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Rich I was hoping to keep the weight of the boat down. I slide it off ftom the bed ofva truvk. I am thinking some sort of front bow mount would work better.

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:39 pm

You can take a transom mount hand control, loosen the screw in the head and turn the head 180*. Its now a bow mount and as light as your going to get. It you want to keep the foot control. The lightest mount for Minnkota is the mount that comes with the edge series motor. It is significantly smaller and lighter then the Maxxum mount and easier to add and remove the motor.

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:24 pm

Good advice Rich..... Ty Was wondering if I could find a transom mount bracket that could fit on my bow mount motor. Do they sell them and can it even be rigged that way ?

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Had the same setup for my crawdad.
Like rich said flip the motor around &
You can use a "Bigfoot switch " to give you some better control.

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links