Been a member of this site for a short time and gotta admit, I freakin love it. Been paying a lot of attention to the interactive map, checking out all the ponds near Leominster that look like good places to go float my kayak and try my luck fishing. I have read a bajillion of the trips and seen a whole lot of pictures of guys and gals catching some really awesome fish.
One thing I would like to see in some of the trips is mention how to access the body of water. That would be a big help. I could just throw my kayak and gear in my truck, and drive to the water holes . Park somewhere along the road, drag my kayak and gear to the water and go fishin', but it would be nice to know my truck will still be there after a few hours.
If we could add directions, not so much driving directions to the lake or pond, but the best way to access the water, where to park and other information like that, we'd really be helping out others.
I want to go to few places that I have found, but don't know much about the towns, or where to launch my kayak from. Any help would be great!!

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:31 pm

fdw9652

Been a member of this site for a short time and gotta admit, I freakin love it. Been paying a lot of attention to the interactive map, checking out all the ponds near Leominster that look like good places to go float my kayak and try my luck fishing. I have read a bajillion of the trips and seen a whole lot of pictures of guys and gals catching some really awesome fish.
One thing I would like to see in some of the trips is mention how to access the body of water. That would be a big help. I could just throw my kayak and gear in my truck, and drive to the water holes . Park somewhere along the road, drag my kayak and gear to the water and go fishin', but it would be nice to know my truck will still be there after a few hours.
If we could add directions, not so much driving directions to the lake or pond, but the best way to access the water, where to park and other information like that, we'd really be helping out others.
I want to go to few places that I have found, but don't know much about the towns, or where to launch my kayak from. Any help would be great!!

all of that info you can find on the FIND LOCATIONS tab. It doesnt have EVERY water body in the state but does have most of them

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:13 pm

I've found that if you call the non-emergency number for the local PD, they'll often be able to answer any questions you have, like where to park and whatnot.

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:12 pm

kenwood

I've found that if you call the non-emergency number for the local PD, they'll often be able to answer any questions you have, like where to park and whatnot.

huh, really? good to know. thanks man

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:14 pm

enogueira

kenwood

huh, really? good to know. thanks man

Yup.

Two weeks ago I went to Masspoag with my father. I'd never put a big boat in there but I knew non-residents couldn't park at the ramp. I called the non-emergency number to make sure it was okay to park at the school down the street, and the person I spoke with told me he was on shift that day, took down my vehicle info, and said it was okay to park at the ramp. So that was pretty sweet.

Sometimes, though, you get someone who isn't very friendly and seems annoyed that you're calling. I've had mostly good luck, though. =)

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:29 pm

I looked into a non resident beach pass for 'poag but its $150 for the season! I didn't think about parking at the school. I also thought about parking in that little lot before the Community Center but I couldn't remember if there was a canoe/Kayak access to the beach. I'd really like to yak the 'poag I know there are some nice holes there that hold some really big holdovers. I'll have to revisit that.

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:24 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links