just went thru Taunton yesterday and today - Lake Sabbatia and Lake Rico(Massasoit State Park) are completely open... the ice is gone!

time to go buy my license. Wink

I haven't checked out the places here in Middleboro yet... how's the water in your area?

Posted Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:56 am

Hey!! I went to Lake Rico (Massasoit State Park) yesterday , Went out to play with my new Bait cast reel with a money minnow that I got for x-mas . I didn't get a bite but was there to learn how to cast my new reel , I think the fishes are still in the deep ends of the lake.

Posted Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:48 am

cool deal! How do you like the new reel?

If you can find a pike or pickerel lake, you might get some action - they are the first of the year to go shallow for spawning.

The north side of a lake is usually the best as it gets more direct light from the southern sun this time of year, so the water temp can be a few degrees warmer... afternoon will be better than morning(the exact opposite of the hot summer).

It's easy to fish too fast - it's virtually impossible to fish too slow. ;0)

Posted Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:42 pm

I only know where the Dam is by the boat ramps at Lake Rico , I got a 5lb Bass off the boat ramp last year . Have to try Norton to catch some pickerel by the Dam got a few there last year.

Posted Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:26 pm

I got a 4 pounder at Norton 2 years ago on a wacky-rigged Senko I was in this super-weedy cove by that Chinese restaurant on the south side of the lake(I think) and had got some hits on a frog but couldn't hook em, so I threw in the Senko, gave 2 twitches and BAM! it was sweet! Laughing

Posted Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Yep I know the Chinese restaurant in Norton , I fish there last year never caught any thing that good, If I go there I go by the Dam on the other side of the lake. hopefully these 3 days coming up ,at close to 60* will bring the fish closer to shore. Will be at Lake Rico with my new Bait caster and some jigs,spiner bait and buzz bait.

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:16 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links