I have been fishing almost my whole life. This is the first year I have seriously tried trout fishing. Caught some nice brook trout on vacation in nh white mountainsthis year. All my fish where caught on rooster tails. What I'm looking for here is some help. Where to go? What to use for lures/bait?

Posted Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Have you tried Horn Pond in woburn ma. It gets stocked with trout twice a year, early spring and late fall. I fish there all the time for bass and see trout jumping out of the water all around me! I think they may have just stocked the pond within the last week or so.

Posted Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:32 pm

I HAVE AND HAD NO LUCK MAYBE I'LL GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:20 am

http://www.newenglandgameandfish.com/fishing/NG_040502/

this article pertains more to the spring, but there still might be a few hold overs in some of the bigger pools if you can find them. I caught a few out rainbows of the Ipswich River on small mepps inline spinners. Check the part about rt 62 in wilmington. I think you can put a small canoe in the river to make it down the river, the shores are pretty overgrown or marshy, so a boat might be the best way to get to some of the deep pools. Look on google maps satellite in that are and you can see what I mean.

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:43 pm

I was night fishin for trout on sunday. There were 3 other guys catchn' trout just with worms, saw them pull in 2 while I was there.
We at the cross over, where two ponds connect.

None for me, I had powerbait trout dough, salmon eggs and meal worms. The fish always seem to bite in what I don't have!

Got any tips for trout fishn'

Thanks!

Posted Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:53 pm

I was catching trout at Horn Pond on Sunday morning using a 2" rapala original floater in gold color. I was trying to catch bass but I kept catching the stocked trout. They were going nuts feeding on bugs on top of the water. Kind of annoying after a bit- I kept seeing big bass and was throwing lures to catch them and the trout kept hitting. Can't complain though.

Posted Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:20 am

The pic I have posted was taken last week at horn pond.
Caught that bass on a spinner bait.
Chatruse perch gold willow. I'll try the floating rapala.
Thanks!

Posted Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:54 am

Try Jamaica Pond in Boston.... It's stocked with Trout and Salmon every year!

Posted Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:04 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links