This will be a one day Ice fishing derby with 3 categories .Pike/ Muskie, Bass and Misc. (perch sunfish carp eels catfish). Top 3 in all categories will win money. Prizes will be determined by the number of entries, 75% pay back to the winners and 25% will go to a Veterans home . The largest fish will also win a 4 hour fishing trip on the F.V Poledancer for 2-3 people . There will also be a 50/50 raffle the day of the tournament as well as a gear and gift card raffle. Early registration fee is $25 . You can sign up at Arlington Bait and Tackle Anytime.Or sign up the day of the tourney until 11am. The entry fee is 30$ on the morning of the tournament Arlington bait and tackle will open at 6am with live bait or I will be collecting fees on the ice at the end of Linwood St. This will be a catch and release event all fish will be measured at the board on Linwood St and released. In the event of a dead fish there will be a -10 inch penalty assessed. Tie goes to the fish entered first. Must be in line with fish at 3pm the latest. awards and raffle at 330pm. In the event of no ice we will postpone the tournament till May and have an open water tourney. Kids may enter in the event he/she wins a parent must be there to collect the prize. All Mass rules apply 16 years and over must have a Mass fishing license. 7am lines in! Any questions or concerns please call me or text 617-800-6444. Thanks Jeremy Furtado F.V Poledancer
https://www.facebook.com/events/1697222833866687/

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:07 pm

Its locked up as we speak. Everyone knows the first week in March is brutal. Lets hope for the best. Regardless we will just move it back to May and have an open water derby. The veterans home we are helping Just had the federal government back out on a grant they we're counting on .Ive Got a few big name sponsor's that are going to donate raffle prizes. So if the tourney is postponed it will just give me more time to grow sponsorship's.

We are doing this to Help The Bedford Veterans Quarters. They house vets that would otherwise be homeless

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Curious on how much ice is there now? I tried there during the cold stretch in January and there was only 1-2". Hope you get a good turn out but I will be rooting for open water in March, the extended forecast doesn't look that good for ice. Now if you had a open water derby in March that would be a lot of fun. But you would probably only get a few idiots like myself there.

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:27 am

If it gets postponed we will do an open water in May. Its locked up now . I'm gonna check it later today. I was on it right when the warm spell hit it was about 4 inches on the shore but went thin about 20 feet out . The Vets we are helping live at The Bedford Veterans Quarters. They house 66 vets that would otherwise be homeless. They also offer long term programs to help Vets get back on there feet . They give job training ,counseling and even low income housing for vets in Mass.

Posted Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:34 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links