I hear it's been crowded, but a nice day and I have a new rod (not really for this type of fishing) and new line to break in. Figured, why not do some walking and see what's up.

I was thinking later in day, around 1pm. Any folks trying out there Sunday? If I see you I will say hello.

Posted Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Good luck tight lines! I will be spending some time there next on vacation👍🏻

Posted Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:26 am

Made my way to Gate 8 at 1pm today. Not many cars in the lot, so that was a little strange. Maybe morning folks already done.

Lot's of tree cutting going on along the walk in, smells great!

Nobody on the sandbar and nobody all along left of there until the corner point. There was a family just hanging around playing catch and stuff. Saw a few anglers across "the narrows". Fished a 1 oz kastmaster on my spinning setup and worked a 5 inch senko on the new baitcaster setup (it's meant for topwater frog fishing, but I need to get used to a baitcaster again). Nothing interesting.

Made way down first cover that stays deep and worked that for about an hour. Ultra long casts with spoon (hard to say, maybe 150 yards??? Almost 1/2 spool bomb casts with a spoon that big). Kept spoon bumping bottom, no hits. Was getting a good feel for the baitcast reel and making good casts (not super long, but ok) then like a genius I went way back on the magnetic brake and proceeded to make a work of total chaos of my spool!!!! Geez, so sensitive! Probably going to have to cut all that line off and re-spool. What an idiot.

Swapped the senko to my spinning setup on way out, got one bona fide "THUMP-THUMP" hit out deep maybe 30 feet down. No hookup.

Really nice day, very light winds. By time I left maybe 10-12 people mostly families with kids walking around and checking things out. Few fishing but I have to say I love it that these kids were out at the Chu today and off the video games and electronics! Show a kid the outdoors and they may well be fans for life. Good to see today.

Anyone have any luck? When wind is as quiet as today, you can hear almost the entire reservoir. No fisherman were yelling and no fish splashes heard or seen. Quiet day.

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links