I just pick up a Quatum Code Combo after xMass at Dicks Sports Store
they forgot to take off the xMass sell price tag off!! But would like to know what would be a good type line to put on a bait cast reel?
I've only caught up to 5 lb's Bass around Taunton , I use the old Zebco 12lb mono line for my Zebco Reel and I have some 15lb laying around.
I would like to try fishing around Buzzard Bay, Berkly, FallRiver that has Breakish water for stripe bass? I use crank bait's , spinner baits, surfaces poppers, and soft worms and jig's and real worms and shiners.

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:09 pm

Will I did search around on line an this is what I found out.

{ Different situations call for different types of line. In clear water, fluorocarbon and red line is recommended because of their low-visibility properties. Use braided lines when fishing thick vegetation or heavy cover.

Monofilament line is considered an all-purpose choice and is good for general use is most situations. }

I guess that my 12lb Zebco Monofilament line will be just fine.

Posted Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:05 am

Will I change my mine again an went with the
Cajun Red Line 12lb Premium Monofilament witch is made by
Shakespeare !

Go Fish

Posted Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Well this weekend was the warmest and today will have 60* , I been casting my new Quatum Code Combo with only 1 bird nest . If you ever went to Dick's Sport Store you would have seen this combo I would like to now if any one know how the flipping switch works , It's a lever on the side of the reel?

Posted Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:31 am

I've never used Cajun Red, but I think you made a good choice going with 12lb mono in the Buzzards Bay area. Abrasion isn't a problem like it is in freshwater fishing, and its really all about how you set your drag. If your drag is set for 8-9lbs on 12lb test mono, you should be all set for most stripers you'll find in Buzzy's.

Posted Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:16 am

re: flipping switch

it usually means that it will engage the spool without you having to turn the handle - like if you push the button, make your flip, then let off the button, it will automatically put the reel in gear.

Posted Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:13 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links