Hi All,
Im wondering if anyone could recommend some good spots in the Lowell or Chelmsford area. Im relatively new to fishing, and I dont have access to a boat... yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Posted Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:36 pm

The dry Spring/Summer has made most places up our way garbage. I am in Chelmsford now, but grew up in Lowell.

At this point the Merrimack may be best bet for fish, but I need to know water levels to recommend spots. Most ponds are junk by now so won't recommend any. I have a similar thread going now about deep water areas up here. If you know water level in Merrimack, I can suggest a few spots whether it's high or low.

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:25 pm

Thanks for the advice! I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I managed to find a noaa hydrograph.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=box&gage=LOWM3

Any thoughts?

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:15 pm

I will drive by the river tomorrow and look, that gauge set is either at the Nashua site or the Lowell section near the Concord.

Posted Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Freeman pond near the dam Heart pond near the bike trail.

Posted Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:15 am

Thanks! Where is the bike trail near heart pond?

Posted Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:44 am

blewisemt

Thanks! Where is the bike trail near heart pond?

Near the beach.

Posted Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:37 pm

River is full level on the upper section. Amazing with so little rain.

The section I am showing is along 3A in Tyngsboro. Two parking spots are marked. If you get to the intersection with the ice cream place you went too far. Park in one of the pull overs. Make your way across street and over railroad tracks. There are a few easy places to get down the embankment. All along this section are HUGE rocks and when water is high nice holes and current breaks. Caught many smallmouth here over years with a shot at a 4 pound plus river smallie which is no joke I can tell you.

If you are adventurous, they were removing the temporary bridge a few years ago and when the river was low there is all kinds of structure now under the water near the bridge. I gotta think that's a great spot, but it's quite a walk.

This spot is a bit of work, so not recommended unless you are reasonably physically able. Serious. Good luck!

Posted Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Thanks!! Where was this temporary bridge exactly?

Posted Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:04 pm

blewisemt

Thanks!! Where was this temporary bridge exactly?

Look left on pic, it was right where the bridge is now. All underneath.

Posted Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:37 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links