My son and I have decide to learn to fish and wanted to get some equipment tomorrow and try our hand at fishing on Saturday. Does anyone recommend a good spot for a couple of new comers to the sport? I have seen Flint Pond, Merrimack River and Walden Pond mentioned and wanted to get some input.

Thank You
Aaron

Posted Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:26 pm

adnorton

My son and I have decide to learn to fish and wanted to get some equipment tomorrow and try our hand at fishing on Saturday. Does anyone recommend a good spot for a couple of new comers to the sport? I have seen Flint Pond, Merrimack River and Walden Pond mentioned and wanted to get some input.

Thank You
Aaron

Hi! I used to live in Tyngsboro for a while, nice town.

It's tough right now with the end of summer low water and heat. Flint Pond has good access right at the boat launch area. The Merrimack is great, there are several pull over areas along the VFW highway you can use near the Vocational Tech school to try some spots, and also next to Vespa Golf course in the creek. Lake Mascuppic has some access, but I never had much luck there.

Other spots nearby include Freeman Lake in Chelmsford (Try the far end of the dam) and Forge Pond in Westford.

Good luck!

Posted Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Thanks! Will give those a try today.

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:27 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links