got to the lake about 10am - unfortunately, I was already heading down -495 when I realized I left the digital camera sitting on the dining room table. GRRR! Mad

It was a cool, cloudy day(05-18-2010), temp in the high 50s/low 60s. I tried topwater, spinnerbait, & jig-n-worm, but got no hits - until I put on a Senko!(rigged weightless, Tex-posed, on a 4/0 Eagle Claw extra-wide gap hook)

I ended up catching 5 chain pickerel and 2 largemouth bass, ALL on the Senko, in about 2 1/2 hours. All fish were caught in/near aquatic weeds in 2 feet of water or less.

The pickerel were absolutely murdering the bait, sometimes hitting it the very second it entered the water... they shredded my Senko and stole another one completely. I've only got 2 left in that color(watermelon black red flake)... time to go to Bass Pro Shops! Very Happy

I probably could have continued catching em - the last fish was the biggest largy, about 1 1/2 lbs - but I had to pick my wife up at work. It was an excellent day!

Posted Tue May 18, 2010 8:13 pm

sounds like a better day that i had at work Tony, nice wotk
love the senko

Posted Tue May 18, 2010 8:32 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

sounds like a better day that i had at work Tony, nice wotk
love the senko

man, it was a good one. They weren't too big, but they had great attitudes! LOL And I saw literally only 2 other fisherman, teenage boys soaking shiners over by the dam area. I saw quite a few cars as I was leaving, but they were mainly people walking and riding bikes. Hey, that's just more of the water left for us to get our strings pulled! Laughing

Posted Wed May 19, 2010 10:22 am

I forgot the camera like a dummy that morning, but here's a pic of the 6" Yamamoto Senko they were keying on - this was the ONLY lure they would hit!

You can see how it is rigged - the hook's exposed, but I would just barely skin-hook the point to keep it from bogging down in the vegetation('Tex-posed'). I love the fact that they have enough bulk on their own that you can fish em weightless in shallow water, giving an enticing slow fall. And if any of you guys have never fished this kind of bait before, they have a built-in 'shimmy' as they sink - like you were holding in the center between your fingers and gently shaking it. You gotta try em, they're wicked cool!

a great color, and a proven fish catcher across the country - I've gotta get some more...

Posted Wed May 19, 2010 7:33 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links