hey guys, since i carry my kayak cartop ive done a lot of research on how to make my life easier when loading/unloading the kayak (76lbs).

i came across this thread and am putting here for those fellow yakers... good luck

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=103508

Posted Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:49 pm

That's really cool, thanks for the post!

Posted Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:47 pm

anyone know of any type of loader like that which would work on an SUV? since the back is vertical.

Maybe use that same setup to load from the front?

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Cool idea. In a bit of a pickle myself now. Had the easy glide Thule Kayak set up for my car, but just ordered a new car (very different model Very Happy ) and when it comes in 8-10 weeks my kayak days are done. Unless the fine folks here want to pick me and my kayak up!

Posted Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:34 pm

patsfan1704

anyone know of any type of loader like that which would work on an SUV? since the back is vertical.

Maybe use that same setup to load from the front?

you got the j-racks? I have an SUV as well and had the same problem. I bought the saddle mounts. lay an old car floor mat on the back of the roof edge. lay one end on the mat. pick up the other and slide it up. Just got to remember to take the mat down before driving away.

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:43 pm

grayrider16

Cool idea. In a bit of a pickle myself now. Had the easy glide Thule Kayak set up for my car, but just ordered a new car (very different model Very Happy ) and when it comes in 8-10 weeks my kayak days are done. Unless the fine folks here want to pick me and my kayak up!

what is to become of the thule glides? no roof rack on the new car?

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:47 pm

guys i made it and i gotta tell you... i now load my 75lbs kayak onto my honda civic with sssoooo much ease. much better than spending hundreds on thules or any of those expensive accessories

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:02 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links