Picked up a WS ride 115 today and I absolutely love it. Got it out and the water and got a pickerel.

You know you're a fisherman when your kayak is worth more than your car

[URL=http://s125.photobucket.com/user/mikerhom/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-4.jpg.html]
[/URL]

[URL=http://s125.photobucket.com/user/mikerhom/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-3.jpg.html]
[/URL]

[URL=http://s125.photobucket.com/user/mikerhom/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-5.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 5:15 pm

welcome to the club man, it is a nice kayak. now u can join the tourney with us

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 5:37 pm

I'm definitely looking forward to the tourneys. I'm pretty booked the rest of May but I'll try to catch some in june

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Way to go on the pick and the kayak. I'm getting one Tuesday, and I'll be joining you guys.

No one will ever question your passion for fishing.

***on top of catching more fish/hitting more spots, the kayak will help keep me in shape this spring through fall, because I have no time for a gym between mother's day and Thanksgiving.

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 6:04 pm

Haha I thought the same but kayak fishing doesn't Make a huge difference in cardio brother. I've been kayaking for two years now and as we fish more than paddle, gym is much more productive. From may to October I give up a little of the gym to fish and in the winter I kill in the gym haha

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 6:14 pm

Dick's is having a sale on Kayaks starting tomorrow (Sunday). I was in there today to pick up some striper stuff and ended up leaving with a kayak? Just picked up a small 8', probably wont use it too much but wanted to have one.

The guy that carried it to my car told me about the sale. He said if my yak is one of them that goes one sale I can go back and get the difference.

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Kayaks are great! I have been more successful this year on my kayak then on my jon boat. There is really no place that kayak can't go. Good buy on that!

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 8:33 pm

Awesome! I just got my first yak this spring too and it's like a whole new world. No more longingly staring at great looking spots I can't reach from the shore, haha. What's your roof rack setup, if you don't mind me asking? Foam blocks?

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 9:56 pm

walleyefanatic

Awesome! I just got my first yak this spring too and it's like a whole new world. No more longingly staring at great looking spots I can't reach from the shore, haha. What's your roof rack setup, if you don't mind me asking? Foam blocks?

i bought an used roof rack off craigs. i paid 35 dollars for thule racks

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Ya I'm using foam blocks for now, not sure if I want to invest in a Thule yet, I may be getting a new car by the end of the year

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 10:25 pm

enogueira: I didn't think I'd get a serious workout, but it's got to beat simply standing on shore, right? I was also thinking that I'd finish each trip with a couple loops trolling a lure. I say that now, but I probably won't.

mikem: the foam blocks work fine, right? Like you, I've got a car that's a pain in the @$$. I always had a truck, and I'm stuck with a sedan and 2.5 years on the loan.

I'm thinking of skipping the foam blocks and using a 2 inch thick mat instead. I could nearly get a second kayak for the price of racks.

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 11:47 pm

The foam blocks get the job done but I think I'd rather have a rack. If you're gonna have that car for a while if would probably get one.

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Yeah, I was just curious because I also drive a car with no rack or even bars. I found an inflatable rack system at bass pro that works pretty good, I just added some ratchet ties to the whole thing to tie down the front and back. It's kind of silly looking I guess, but it works.

Posted Sun May 18, 2014 11:36 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links