So I've been scouring the internet about different rigs for rubber worms and creature baits, The different conditions I should use them in etc. I want to ask you guys, how do you rig your worms, grubs, creatures, etc. a few of my spots have a lot of weeds and obstacles. Post a pic or 2 if you would. Thanks guys!

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:55 am

Weightless Texas rig

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:35 am

1/4 ounce bullet weight texas rig. Depends on how deep the water is regarding the bullet weight.

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:08 pm

I like going whacky style for most worm applications. Just throw is in front of the slop/weed line/cover.

Texas rigged is good for punching through cover and working inside the weeds. I like a 7'' worm with a 3/8oz bullet style weight.

Carolina rigging is also awesome for working thick weeds. Use the lightest weight you can get away with to keep the worm up above the weeds.

Check out the "Techniques" thread. Some good info in there.

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:06 pm

The Texas Rig is probably going to be your bread and butter approach, either unweighted or weighted depending on bait, gear and conditions. If you're looking for an alternate presentation though, I'd recommend a Zoom Trick Worm on a Shaky Head. See video below. This isn't something you're going to throw into much cover, so once your favorite spots fill in with weeds and pads you'll want to really on more weedless rigs. It's nice for early in the season or in rocky/hard bottom areas though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiC1DKk-9z0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llO3GVaKoVY

For creatures, the Zoom Brush Hog family are tough to beat on a T-Rig. My .02.

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:55 pm

texas rig is a good weedless rig.

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:44 pm

When using Senko's I don't add any weight. I have been loving Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver. Benn doing really well with them. Mount it on the hook same as the senko. Great in weedy areas.

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Sam black n blue flake my fav senko color.

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:00 pm

nice. that was just a picture i googled to show the typical texas rig.

Posted Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:49 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links