Im gonna make a cooler livewell for my first tourney. was thinking of just buying two of those 11 dollar bass pro aerators amd some please release me and running them into my 72 qt cooler. Also keeping some frozen jugs on board. Will that be sufficient ? I dont wanna get shot down the day of the tournament. Also im assuming you are allowed to use a 14 ft jon boat with an 8 hp in the big boat division? I know ill be out gunned but is it allowed? Or i can usr my 21 foot lobster boat haha jk. Thanks

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:00 am

Walmart has an aerator for around 20 bucks that clamps to your battery.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:56 am

get a good pump that can really froth the water. stratos can weigh in more here but there are a lot of good designs. here's mine.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:50 am

here is one of my livewells. I have since stole a couple of ideas from same and now have the hard wire plug and timer. The only difference between Sam's and mine that I can see is the spray bars are different, oh and mine ALWAYS has bigger fish in it.

Get the pump at Walmart like Mr. Awesome suggested or go to BPS and there are a few different ones to choose from. If you do not want to take the time to drill a hole on the side of the cooler so the pump can be mounted outside, buy a bilge pump instead of a livewell pump. The bilge can be mounted inside the cooler on the bottom with either small screws with silicone on them or I have used velcro too in the past. 1 pump is plenty. 500 gallons per minute minimum.
Oh and that little screen thing you see on the water intake at the bottom of the cooler...... A MUST HAVE or your pump will clog everytime out with weeds or crayfish parts

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:02 am

The one I got at walmart has suction cups. Stick it right in there

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:06 am

i don't have the spray bar since it takes up space, still gets gunked up, and is just annoying. the spray head absolutely blasts the water.

and rich, i'm pretty sure we've done better than you in every tournament we've both fished.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:39 am

Time for a throw down

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:57 am

shawneramone

I just got that one last week, havent had a chance to set it up yet. Does it just clip to your TM battery? Can the TM and pump be connected at the same time?

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:58 am

biggz53

shawneramone

I just got that one last week, havent had a chance to set it up yet. Does it just clip to your TM battery? Can the TM and pump be connected at the same time?

yes x2. You have to keep an eye on the spongey screen thing cuz it'll get saturated with slime from most of the ponds around here so you''ll have to clean it a couple of times a day. Also the aerator head gets clogged. Just have to keep an eye on it. I use the pump on my boat now but have modified it with a spray bar

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:26 am

Thanks alot guys ill post pics when im done.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:40 am

My other question can i use my car topper for the big boat tourneys?

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:42 am

kissmybass26

yup, no problem there....just cant use anything with a gas motor attached for car toppers

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:44 am

shawneramone

Time for a throw down

Grudge match ?

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:46 pm

biggz53

kissmybass26

yup, no problem there....just cant use anything with a gas motor attached for car toppers

I can put one on it in the big boat tourneys though right? Just not in the cartoppers only events?

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:47 pm

biggz53

kissmybass26

I can put one on it in the big boat tourneys though right? Just not in the cartoppers only events?

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:48 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links