I have been fishing the at the A1 site this season and having some good catches. In the month of July I have had what I thought were good results with 10 inch ribbon tail worms with 6-10 fish per outing for 2 of us. The other bass anglers I have spoken with seem to be having better luck with Senkos. I have fished Senkos Texas rigged and have had caught some good fish. Does anybody have any input on what is the best way to fish a Senko at this location, Wacky or T rigged? With the weeds it would seem that the weed less T rig would be the best?? also, any recommendations on colors and Senko size? I have used the 5 inch in the Green watermelon red fleck. thanks.

Posted Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:47 pm

I grew up fishing texas-rigged (suprisingly enough in Texas and Oklahoma). I only found Senekos last year.

I fish the 6" senkos, on a 2/0 worm hook... Not wacky, not texas... No weight. They are heavy enough to get the distance on the casts, and a big advantage is they sink quick. I can catch an 8" bass with them, but I've gotten quite a few pigs with em.

My plastics' catch increased 5 fold, and I've really gotten into bass fishing this year as I can fish the places I couldn't throw cranks and spinners because of weeds and muck...

I use the light/bright green 6", and the 6" green with red flakes... For the 5" senkos, I like the half green, half white ones.

During the spawn, the creature baits worked great and still produce.

I have a kit, and I've caught bass with all the colors... My greens might be a bit more effective, but they all work just fine. It could just be superstition.

I'd like to find some large yellow and blacks (think perch Smile).

Senkos get some flak around here. I'm not completely sure why....It might be because they practically outfish live bait and are seen as too easy. It's not total dummy fishing, but if you put it on a bass, they'll eat it...

I hope this helps. Good luck

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:32 am

Does A1 have good shoreline access. Was thinking of making a trip there but I am on foot and wonder if it is worth it with all the shoreline weeds around.

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:43 am

Anthony, there is some shoreline access at the dam, there was a group fishing there last Wed. night. there are some paths around the shore where I have seen some anglers and some dog walkers. I would check the earth satellite maps to see what you can see for access points.

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Go on the path to the left of the boat ramp. Some spots along path. May have to walk for awhile. Senko black with blue flake is killer. Also like dark green with black specks. T rig at a1 this time of yr with weeds little choice. Also frogs will get it done there.

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links