I am new to the forum and have been looking around. Why are some anglers against senko's I fish Dingers since they are cheaper and they work real well. Just wondering why ?

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:31 pm

That would depend what you mean by senko. For instance, senko isn't the "same" as dinger. Senko is the Yamamoto rubber worm and dinger is another brand ( F2 I think?!)
So, if you mean why people are against Yamamoto rubber worm, which I'm one of them, it is probably because they are really expensive compared to other brands. However, if you mean rubber worms in general, then I'm not sure...

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:28 pm

I might have misunderstood. I assumed Senko was referring to the type of soft plastic, not the brand. If that is the consensus then yes , they are way too expensive, Dingers and Bass Pro Stick-O's work just as good if not better. I find that dingers are more buoyant then senko's and have a slower fall rate.

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:35 pm

yes, indeed. they say that's why senkos are more expensive than dinger or BPS, they have more salt which makes them sink faster. but to me, they arent worth the money because you catch mostly small fish. i rather use a bigger creature bait instead, it will keep the smaller fish away.

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:39 pm

Senkos work and so do the knock offs. All depends on how much you want to or are willing to spend.

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Senkos and senko type baits teach you nothing. You make a cast, check out the good looking girl on the dock, pick your nose, take a sip of water........ wait is that my line running off???? SET the hook, reel in the fish..... blood everywhere.
I exaggerate but you really do not learn anything throwing them. You do not become a better angler. Your casting accuracy does not improve,you are not putting your own action into the bait. The b ait is doing all the work. You have no idea what depth the fish hit at, what it was holding on, why it was there. Are you fishing a hard bottom or soft, was I on a flat or drop off, were there weeds, wood or rocks? And because they are so loaded with salt bass tend to swallow them FAST resulting in A LOT of gut hooking and dead bass.

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:27 am

I keep a log, 62 bass from shore on dingers only 3 had gotten gut hooked. I carry snips because of this so I can cut the hook out. If you are paying attention , mortality rate should be low. All 3 fish were on the smaller 4 inch when I put the rod down for a second , on the 5-7 I have not had one fish gut hooked. Dingers are one of my only options from a weedy shoreline as well. If they catch fish why not use them.

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:56 am

"Senkos making shitty fisherman think there good"

They are worse than live bait as rich said they take absolutely zero skill and they cause a lot of death not only with gut hooks but if you have ever seen a senko after its been in water for a while you would know they almost double to triple its size and the fish cant pass them and the end up dying because of it.

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:20 am

I always keep a variety of bps stickos in my box some ponds they are my go to lure. That is because I know where to toss them, I know where the fish are and what depth they usauly hang at, I never just let them sit I always twitch and jerk them over the Lilly's rather than just sinking them hoping for a bite. You can use them In many ways I agree that an inexperienced angler would be gut hooking a lot of fish with them but the way I fish them it's not even an issue at all. Someone who's trying to become a better angler should always be flippin new baits and trying different approaches but sometimes these things just outfish the rest of my tackle box. The bps ones from my experience of leaving them in a puddle at the bottom of my boat dont expand they just lose color.

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:51 am

I have personally witnessed bps ones expand lve one in a fishtank.

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:23 am

You guys cant be serious about Senko type baits, this is some of the most ridiculous nonsense I have ever heard.

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:21 pm

What part?

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Lets see they make shitty fisherman think they are good, no skill,do not learn anything. A good fishermen is going to use a bait that catches fish. This mentality that you guys are too good to use senko's is laughable!

Yes they expand in the water and if a fish eats it they will most likely die, same thing is going to happen with a fish that grabs a craw off a jig or a trailer off a spinner.

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:30 pm

This thread is awesome

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:01 pm

It rocks!!!

Gonna make some popcorn, turn on the Outdoor Channel and watch the pros sling 'em during one of those Flw tourney things.

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links