So, I'm in the 781 area code. My days have been so busy that I long to get out fishing at night. Just don't know of the best spots. If anyone has any to share, even if you wanna pm me, it'd be so greatly appreciated.

Posted Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:54 pm

My own bass flies need to be put to good use. They'd appreciate a good tip or two. Wink I usually fish the Deerfield for trout, Ipswich for stripers. I really wanna go for those freshwater lunkers, though!!

Posted Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:36 pm

AFAIK any spot that's good in the day is good at night, you just need to keep the elements and water conditions in mind, and use only dark color/black lures because these colors are most visible to bass when they look up (compared to the night sky) imo.. Wink

Posted Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:29 am

I also tie my own flies, just a small tip to the bass popper you can make them weedless by tying in a piece of 20 mono from the eye to under the gap to the top of the bend. Leave enuff slack for the fish to close its mouth on. I have used them on the lily pads with success.
Check out Larry Dallburgs weedless bass flies for better a explanation. Good luck

Posted Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:01 pm

I have never done it, but have always appreciated the hard work and details that goes into fly tying! Nice job and some real cool looking flies you've got there! Good luck!

Posted Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Just fish a spot that you know holds big bass, and one where you also know the water well (if you'll be boating).

Those flies are great! Cool how you used deer hair. I've always had trouble tying with the stuff.

Posted Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:53 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links