Whats up guys im from south east ma all my life fishing not a smallmouth under my belt yet any suggestions on a spot close to me where I can slam a smallmouth? I know I see alot out of the charles but thats an hr out for me anywere closer? Thanks

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:40 pm

A lot of ponds/lakes in the Plymouth/cape area have them!

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks bud and yea I was just noticing that looking through profiles might have to take a trip this weekend plymouth and cape arent far hopefully the weather holds up

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:54 pm

The Cape is your best bet. Or webster.

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 pm

The scales tipping towards the cape thanks guys smallies are such a beautiful basd are most of these ponds canoe accessable?

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:05 pm

Yes, many of ponds are canoe accessable. Just go and fish for them, you will catch them in no time.

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:48 pm

Cool thanks dude

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Cape is your best bet!
They are awesome fighters!

My top lures are tubes wacky and dropshot!

But your normal largemouth lures will work! They don't go into to pads!
So frogs aren't really on the menu!

They differ from largemouth! They like cool clear deep water!
Instead of going up shallow into thick weeds in the summer like a largemouth! They move offshore! Drop offs humps and other offshore structure!

This cool weather will bring em shallow and get them agressive!

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:59 am

Go to Wachusett Res. and throw a jerkbait or topwater early in the am or late evening.

Last edited by tunameltdown on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Something like 3000 lakes in Mass but only 100 or so have smallmouths.

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:49 pm

I wish wachusett wasnt about 2 hrs away besutiful fish! And thanks for the info guys much appreciated

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:18 pm

It's so worth it! I travel 1hr 40! I live in marshfield

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:40 pm

Yea I was thinkin maybe sunday ill have to take a trip

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:14 pm

It's addicting!
Lakers are very fun to catch

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:49 pm

Spot Pond in Stoneham can be pretty good, if you ever find yourself in the area. It is a big deep reservoir that holds some big bass, both largies and smallies. There are some good numbers of smallies, and in the last couple years I've pulled out a few 4 pound smallmouths and my PB, a 5 pound 8 ounce slab. But it is mostly shore fishing, since if you put in a canoe or kayak, the police will send out their speedboats and helicopters to hunt you down! They do rent boats, but at $20 an hour, I think I'll stay from shore.

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:55 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links