Its almost that time of year... Anyone have any advice or tips for ice fishing Walden Pond? is it even worth my time? would you suggest tip ups or just straight vertical jigging? And what parts of the pond are hot for ice fishing?

Posted Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Its funny, I was about to start this same thread, when I saw yours. I am also interested in hearing if anyone has done this.

Heres all I know - People definitely do fish there, and there have been some HUGE trout caught there through the ice. I've seen the pics in tackle shops. (However, most of them are pretty old.) I fish there a lot in the spring and summer, and have caught plenty of trout. I usually fish to the right of the swimming area, but there are tons of good spots. There are also big bass in there. What fish are you planning on targeting?

There was a thread about open water fishing on Walden a month or so ago. It had some good spots and such, and I bet a bunch of the info can be applied to ice fishing.

Posted Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:21 pm

Sounds good, i only got to Walden about 3 times this year, so i thought i would try my luck through the ice...

Posted Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:05 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links