Howdy, y'all.

Was wondering if anyone on here ever fished Houghton's Pond.

My brother-in-law is trying to transition from saltwater fishing to freshwater. He wants to go after trout. He has the right set-up, the right rig, right bait but he can't seem to find the fish.

He went to Houghton's yesterday. He told me he was fishing to the right of the swimming area but never even got a bite even though the pond was stocked days earlier.

Can you guys give me a general idea as to what part(s) of the pond is/are more productive?

Any help is appreciated.

Posted Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Is he using spoons/spinners or powerbait

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:03 am

He was using powerbait.

I can't understand how he never even got a bite. The pond had been stocked just a few days earlier.

Have you ever fished there? Is it usually that hard to find trout in that pond?

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:23 am

in my experience, trouts are fully feed before they are stocked. give them an week or two before they are fully hungry again. Then you will have all luck on your side.

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:10 am

sharkbait76

He was using powerbait.

I can't understand how he never even got a bite. The pond had been stocked just a few days earlier.

Have you ever fished there? Is it usually that hard to find trout in that pond?

Haven't fished there before, but I've let powerbait sit for a couple of hours before getting a bite.

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:52 am

Google stocked trout behavior, 10 days of swimming around in a circle after stocking, then the bite is on

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:08 am

Maybe that's the reason.

Thanks for the help, fellas.

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:54 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links