I've been using Sufix Performance Braid Lo-Vis Green for both my spinning and baitcasting reels (I'll throw on a Sniper FC leader as needed, especially on spinning gear). I know it's not the best stuff out there, it's on the rough side and the color fades very quickly (although I know that's a common problem). However, it's cheap and has treated me pretty well so far overall. I was thinking of trying something else, so interested in hearing what others are throwing on their spinning setups. What brand and lb test?

Thanks!

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:13 am

To my surprise I've been using stren sonic braid and has been quite good.

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:48 am

For my basic spinning (shakey heads, senkos etc) i use 15 pound power pro braid with 12 lbs stren or seagar red label fluorocarbon leader 2- 5 feet long.

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:38 am

I am a spinning reel/braid junkie, I have used them all, don't think there is one best braid, they all have their issues. That said I usually buy spiderwire or power pro whichever is on sale. The dye comes off of spiderwire and the knots are harder to get out of power pro, take your pick. I think Tufline XP is the best handling on spinning gear but it isn't even green to start with. Suffix performance is the only one that ever broke on me, I think because they make it thinner than the others. Also I am not a fan of the premium braids like 832 or superslick as they seem more like thread. My take, hope its usefull.

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:57 am

I have been using Stren Sonic Braid for a little while and it seems to be pretty good on a baitcaster. I'll be giving it a go on my spinning gear this weekend. Braid is some awesome stuff. I like the low to no stretch and the small diameter / strength ratio. It's a b**** to cut with a pair of scissors, but I have found that it is easy to cut when the ceramic insert in the rod end eyelet is broken out. Found that out the hard way. Braid sings like hell going through the guides, but the more I use it, the more I am liking it.

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:42 pm

I tried stren sonic braid once and it developed the fuzzies all over the line. I may try it again cause it was ok other than that, maybe I got a bad spool.

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Unlike some others, I'm a big fan of Suffix 832. I like how thin it is, and don't mind how its like thread. But it's very expensive for braid, so I only use it on a few of my spinning rods.

Last year, I bought a bulk spool of Berkley Fireline (12 or 15 pounds). It was 2000 yards (yes, 2000!) and it only cost $15. Not sure why it was so incredibly cheap, but I didn't ask any questions, and bought it. It might be the best purchase I've made all year- I haven't had any problems with the line, and it was so cheap. Now, I know you'll probably never find a deal this good anywhere, but if you buy whatever is on sale (fireline, Spiderwire, Powerpro), it'll probably work. And if you have multiple reels, a bulk spool is the way to go!

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:09 pm

I use samari works great.

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links