Im just wondering ive gone out twice in the last week hammered the crap out of the river and have yet to see a pike. In the past this time of year i would see mulitble pike in a day big and small but over the last few years it has been in decline... I am getting scared that the only pike fishery in the area is all but gone... I felt like it was the only place in eastern mass u could actually say ... " im going pike fishing" and actualy target and catch em. So if anyone has seen this drop off let me know... . Im going to hit the Concord/Sudbury again .. this Sat and Sunday Question and target pike with big spoons spinnerbaits and large swimbaits...

Hopefully i will find em if not... maybe its true that our pike fishery .. for some reason isnt there anymore

So please if anyone has seen Mr Toothy crittter let me know...

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:44 pm

tried fairhaven bay twice some weeks ago and not even a bit at all. some guy at cochituate said hit it up and go right into the middle of the bay and showed me 15-20lbers he got! I'd love to go pike fishing! Only got a kayak so it can be a work out going up and down the river!!! one of the carpenters on our job site said he's closing down camp in maine this weekend and in the next few weeks he's taking us out on the concord for pike in his boat! i did land 3 in cochituate one day. was first day the water cooled down they were in the shallows 6ft and less by the weeds. never seen 'em again since!

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:20 pm

They're in there. As the weather cools, they'll start getting more active. I've caught a few nice ones through the ice.

Posted Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:14 am

Skunked on The Concord Sunday, targeted Pike only as I tied on steel leaders to all my gear, all to no avail. Beautiful day though, the colors are starting to turn and the launch off Rt. 225 was crowded.

Posted Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:15 pm

No Pike again...... got a boat load of quality bass bunch of 2lbs few 3's and a 4(ill post some pics tommrow) OH and a huge pikerel .. So the bass fishing has ben red hot but Mr toothy critter is still elusive....... .... My theory is that most of the pike were stocked fish... they almost took ... but now there slowly dying off... or if they were reproducing its no way in the numbers from 5-10 years ago ... Its a bummer hopefully the state will do a survey and re-acess because it use to be an awesome fishery Id hate to see it lost

Posted Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:32 pm

I pulled this one out of the Concord a little over a month ago.nothing all that huge for a pike, a little over 4 pounds. He hit a swimbait (matt lures glide perch). the pictures not that great, he was extremely uncooperative. The only way to get the picture was to keep them in the net. I talked to a guy as I was leaving and he said he's been hitting some nice ones regularly, in the Concord. And another guy told my boy he got a 36 incher when he was there last week, trolling a spoon I guess.

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:05 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links