Just thought that I can start with my season review with you guys. You can put your season into here if you want to. Sound like fun to see how people did with their fishing season.

My stats so far for this season:
Freshwater:
- 8 bass over 5 pounds, 2 bass over 6lbs, and 1 bass at 7.8lbs
- Smallmouth being at 4.8lbs is biggest so far.
- 4 steelheads over 12 pounds, big one is 14.2lbs
- 2 Muskies (41lbs and 39lbs/ first time ever)
- Golden/orange brown trout
- Channel catfish in Charles river. (2.9lbs - first time to caught it in mass)
- Caught monster yellow perch that weight at 2.9lbs
- Tons of trouts - lost count when I reached over 300 trouts.

Saltwater:
It is really not good season for me and didn't get many chances to fish due to work.
- Squids (Caught triple on same time - sibiki rig - my first time ever)
- 28lbs striper bass on the boat
- 12 pounds striper bass on canal (only fished for 11 times this year)
- Huge skate caught on canal
- Albies (first time ever and total 4 albies so far)
- caught tons of bluefish on kayak (way more than when I was kid)
- caught sea black bass on kayak (first time on kayak while I caught sea bass before)

Season is not over yet for me on freshwater. But for saltwater, its already over for me. Hope someone has better luck than I am for this season.

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:54 am

shitty!!! thank God for NY.

freshwater.
largemouth1 @ 4.10
1@5.14
1@6.1
i was lucky to get a 2.5lbser,

smalies
1 3.5lbs smallie
handful of smaller one

yellow perch
many 1-2lbser

14lbs brown
8lbs brown
2 5lbsers

biggest salmon at 30.3
a few smaller ones

saltwater:
tons of small schoolies on 8lbs freshwater gear in the spring
2 months to land a keeper
3 back to back 40s
10 keepers if im lucky
stripers were tough this year didnt catch many
blues were non existent. lost one at boat side

cod fish ZERO. MANY MANY skate. 2 flounders

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:44 pm

ice fishing was awesome.
1 larry @ 4.15 caught on a tiny panfish jig
many 1lb+ crappies biggest 1.5
many 1Lbs+ yellows biggest at 1.3
many big gills biggest 1.1
tons of smaller bass and pickerel

supposed to go to the canyons. my first ever offshore trip. plans fell through. wasnt happy about that:em4600:

supposed to go out on my first albie and bone fishing trip. plans fell through. wasnt to happy about that either.

GOD I HOPE NEXT SEASON WILL BE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Overall, decent season for me.

I did basically no saltwater fishing, so everything is freshwater.

Largemouth Bass
Biggest=4.7pounds
47 bass between 2 and 4 pounds
Many under that (tons of 1 pounders this year)

Smallmouth Bass
Biggest=3.5 pounds

Trout
Tons, almost all on the fly rod. I'm not even gonna bother going through every entry
in my log.
Biggest=6.2 pound rainbow

Carp
Biggest=33.2 pounds
45 fish total

Perch
Tons between 1 and 2 pounds

Pike
Biggest (and only one)=24 inches (didn't weigh it)

Pickerel
Biggest=4.3 pounds
18 fish over 20 inches

Catfish
Biggest=3.6 pound white catfish
26 white catfish total
hundreds of bullheads

Several white pound crappies

Not bad overall, but certainly not outstanding. But the seasons not over yet! And I did pretty well ice fishing last year too.

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:48 pm

I had a lot of fun fishing and being out on the water. I caught quite a few fish, but I don't keep track of numbers and size. It's more about quality and enjoyment to me. I can enjoy a nice sunfish putting on a fight or a tiny native brookie as much as a big Striped Bass. I would rather enjoy catching fish with more difficult means than total numbers. Bait doesn't appeal to me- it's too easy. I'd rather stalk specific fish with an artificial lure, and I get more pleasure out of that challenge than I do running up the numbers.

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Bassturds - Yeah, bummer about albies and canyon trips but we will have that chance again next year!

Teamtrout - wow. thats impressive list for carp/whites. Since I caught none for this year. Not even one after four month of chasing them in charles..

thesegoto11 - Yeah, I'm doing same thing as you do. All of my catches are come from lures.. except catfish was caught on bait. It is definitely give you greater satisfy to win the challenge between fish and your lure.

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:31 pm

thesegoto11

I had a lot of fun fishing and being out on the water. I caught quite a few fish, but I don't keep track of numbers and size. It's more about quality and enjoyment to me. I can enjoy a nice sunfish putting on a fight or a tiny native brookie as much as a big Striped Bass. I would rather enjoy catching fish with more difficult means than total numbers. Bait doesn't appeal to me- it's too easy. I'd rather stalk specific fish with an artificial lure, and I get more pleasure out of that challenge than I do running up the numbers.

Well said, fishing is really about enjoyment. I completely agree that more difficult techniques make the fishing more memorable, and fun.

I usually don't keep track of all my numbers, but this year my goal was to keep a detailed log for the whole year. I have recorded significant catches in the past, but I haven't kept detailed reports before. But one of my best friends is returning from the army at the end of the year, and hasn't had much time to fish in MA (or at all) in the past few years, so I though it would be cool to give him my log for next year. That way he could get some new spots, techniques, and times, and hopefully have a good season next year. In the future, I probably won't be recording like I did this year- and instead just record bug hatches and spawning times, and stuff like that.

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:13 pm

Teamtrout,

That is great what you are doing for your buddy. He has a good friend. Good job on that effort!

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links