ABA- D36 opening tourney on the Charles River in Brighton
Saturday 7 to 3. We had to change to there because of ice
D36 guys a fun group to fish with and the scenery should be pretty good Very Happy Very Happy

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Haven't fished the Charles in years. Always used to like it too, not sure why I stopped. Good luck to all!

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:05 am

How was it? Jig and worm around the marina and bridges?

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:31 am

Sam I got to say it was the hardest tourney I ever fished in the wind was blowing 40 mph all day. Marinas nothing bridges nothing most fish where caught down by esplanade.

Let me see jigs, black, black and blue, green, jerk bait, spinner baits various colors, crank bait, even tried chatter bait, oh ya a senco Confused
I was clueless Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I just felt great to be on the water fishing.

Big fish of the day a little over 3lbs.
The Charles was a last minute change due to ice.

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:16 pm

Oh well. That stretch is well....you know.

And yes, they stack up down near the city for the winter / early spring.

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:45 pm

The NEPVA holds their June tournament out of there. Apparently most take the hourlong trip and fish the Esplanade. I fished the tournament for the first time last year and, unfortunately, went upstream. Fail.

Posted Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:57 pm

kenwood

The NEPVA holds their June tournament out of there. Apparently most take the hourlong trip and fish the Esplanade. I fished the tournament for the first time last year and, unfortunately, went upstream. Fail.

During the summer months there is no need to more than a mile from the ramp lots of fish at the marinas and down towards Watertown square if the water is deep enough and tons of pads.
Early spring like we fished is a rough time for the Charles fast current and fish holding way up towards Esplanade

Posted Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links