http://m.metrowestdailynews.com/article/20100714/News/307149933

Was looking up information on the Sudbury Res and came across that news link. Never really been one to call people out on the weight of their fish but... Jeeze. This is a new level of BS. The fish in that picture can't be any more than 3lbs and they claim they're 12 and 5 pounds...

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:30 am

Yeah, I always give the person the benefit of the doubt to the person, but you're right, this wasn't close. Being generous, that one on the right might be 4lbs. and the one on the left somewhere around 2.

Funny to me that the author of this article didn't see anything fishy.

And good that they aren't big, since they kept them "to broil".

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:49 am

hilarious!!!! not eve close!! 20 inch bass that weighs 12lbs! wow must of been really fat!

world record trout at hoptinkon res! YEA RIGHT!!!!!!!

wow people just love tossing numbers out!

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:03 am

you guys must be blind...easy 12 Laughing

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:07 am

bahahhaha that is absolutely comical 3.5 pounds off the state record.... no, just 3.5 pounds

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:03 am

i see 5lbs total, id be embarrassed if i were them. ridiculous...

http://www.bassmaster.com/video/palaniuk-catches-12-4-his-gopro#

palaniuks new personal best in texas....thats a 12 and some! show those newbs this!

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:15 am

"I have a little fish scale so I weighed it myself." Yuh think?

Shame on the reporter for spreading this crap.

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:53 am

chevin37

i see 5lbs total, id be embarrassed if i were them. ridiculous...

http://www.bassmaster.com/video/palaniuk-catches-12-4-his-gopro#

palaniuks new personal best in texas....thats a 12 and some! show those newbs this!

SWEET fish!

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Like all bullshit bass weights, I just smile and nod. Can't let it bother you. You try to logically reason with them and start in with the math...you'll just get dragged down, because it will be ignored and you will be wrong, and it's a 12lb bass because. People are very defensive about the little lies they tell themselves.

I've lost count of the people around that have told me they caught 10+lb bass in bog ditches and other hilarious s*** like that.

Not only that, every noob pulling in 2/3lb bass thinks it's a 5LB'ER DUDE FOR SURE I CAN FEEL IT. Sure you can chief, nice fish.

One of the reasons I only fish with a few people, I just can't stand being around ignorant dumbasses.

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Maybe the mercury from eating Sudbury bass got them.

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Maybe the mercury from eating Sudbury bass got them.

sound hypothesis Smile

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:04 pm

20inch. 12 pound. Yeah okay. All the fish I have ever caught in the 20inch range have weighed only 4-6 pounds. Shocked no way that's anywhere near 12

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:20 pm

ejoy

Like all bullshit bass weights, I just smile and nod. Can't let it bother you. You try to logically reason with them and start in with the math...you'll just get dragged down, because it will be ignored and you will be wrong, and it's a 12lb bass because. People are very defensive about the little lies they tell themselves.

I've lost count of the people around that have told me they caught 10+lb bass in bog ditches and other hilarious s*** like that.

Not only that, every noob pulling in 2/3lb bass thinks it's a 5LB'ER DUDE FOR SURE I CAN FEEL IT. Sure you can chief, nice fish.

One of the reasons I only fish with a few people, I just can't stand being around ignorant dumbasses.

well said my friend

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:23 am

I can't believe all of you are questioning the weight of an accomplished b.a.s.s.pros catch.It's on video with witnesses.Have you ever watched him fish?He is the real deal!!!!!!!Stop wishing and doubting and start fishing.I don't think any pro would lie about their catch.If you would question it I think you should challenge them on the water.

I only dream that I could accomplish what they have to be where they are!!!!!!!!!

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:02 pm

Sorry guy's I didn't see the first link.

Posted Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links